Monday, September 28, 2009

sick days

I can't remember the last time I took a sick day.

The last one that I remember was in the 5th grade when I got poison ivy all over my body. (On my face, my hands, between my fingers, and up and down my arms. Twas awful.)

I'm sure that there have been a couple since then, but they haven't been all that memorable.

Yet, I have taken a day off of school. I'm coughing and sleepy and not hungry and cold despite it being a beautiful day. As a bonus, I also sound like a man.

I was all ready and set to do what I do when I do get sick; sit on my couch, watch my old VHS's, drink tea. Then I remembered that the VHS player in my DVD/VHS player was never connected to my television when we bought a new TV last year, and that trying to connect it would be far too difficult. (In all likelihood, it's far too simple, and I'm just far too lazy.)

So, instead, I decided to do just about anything and everything.

I'll keep you posted as to how this turns out.

1 comment: