Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday Wisdom

My library
Was dukedom large enough.
Shakespeare
(The Tempest)

---

Reason for choosing this quote? I'm volunteering at the local library this summer. (I am so cool.) I help kids pick out books, I shelve things, and I help them with craft projects every Wednesday.

Wednesday crafts are too much fun. Made pinwheels last week, and having a roomful of children playing with handmade pinwheels is adorable. The project took about two hours, considering that every kid cut and decorated their own wheels, and because there were only enough scissors for half of them to use at one time.

Another bonus about working with children: I don't have to pretend to be mature in the least. I make masks, play with stickers, color pinwheels, and read children's books. Is it even possible to not enjoy the library?

No comments:

Post a Comment